Have you ever wondered why life's little instruction books don't tell you what you really need to know?
Like how brushing your teeth is similar to swimming - you need to wait 20 minutes after eating! I forgot this and last night I felt like I was brushing my teeth with a chocolate graham cracker! It was delicious, but I'm not sure how healthy it was for the pearly whites.
Just a quick update on summer...
1. House Projects are coming along nicely - we have the upstairs floors refinished and stained a nice cherry finish, all the walls painted a cocoa brown (like our downstairs toasted sesame and toasted chestnut painted rooms, everything has to be food-related!). Now we're working on trim and new doors, and waiting on the last few pieces of the bathroom to come in.
2. Reading - I have been reading several books from my classroom library to keep up with the kids - nothing has struck my real interest yet, but I'm glad to know a few more of the titles I keep. Also continue reading Everest books and a very interesting book called Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Kingsolver about eating locally.
3. You can visit my garden blog (View Complete Profile) to get updates on our home-grown food and the woodchuck wars.
4. Writing - has been slow, but I scribble a few notes now and then in my purse-notebook, and try to keep up posts on my blogs and facebook.
5. Running - I'm training for the Hartford Marathon (so I tell myself) by running the Wickham Park Grand Prix series (2.6 mi) - also good for cross country coaching this fall. Oh, and it's helping keep me in shape!
Well - that's about it for now - we're trying to wrap things up and relax before heading off to a few weddings and Chincoteague, VA later this summer. Can't believe how fast the time flies when you're NOT working! heh heh!