First, I need to vent a little about the...
- morning sickness that lasts all day...
- the fact that last year I was running 10 miles at a time to prepare for the 1/2 marathon and now I can't even get up the stairs without losing my breath!
- the withdrawal at not being able to drink coffee (not b/c it's got caffeine but b/c now it tastes like dirt)
- a belly button that feels like it's going to explode!
- maternity clothes that are all made of polyester and look like they come from granny's closet (sorry, grandmothers out there!!!)
- people joke that I'm going to have the baby writing in their writer's notebook by the time they're 2 years old (ahem! correction: my baby will be writing in their writer's notebook from Day 1, even if I have to scribe it for them!)
However, being pregnant is also pretty cool because...
- having cravings for McDonald's is kind of fun
- Matthew is so nice about filling in the blanks in the housework while I'm sleeping!
- Everyone makes a big deal about you!
- I get weekly email updates that tell me the size of my baby every week and make up funny nicknames for him/her!
- I get to hear gory birthing stories all the time now!